Grid Control access to a Windows server
If you are trying to get Grid Control to access a Windows server and having trouble here’s a few things to check.
- Check that the host name credentials you are providing are the same as the user who install the database software on the Windows server.
- Check that the user is a member of the ora_dba local group on the server and
- Check that the Log on as a batch job local security privilege has been turned on.
To check number 3 do the following:
- Log on as with an admin account.
- Click Start, Programs, Administration Tools, Local Security Policy.
- Expand the Local Policies branch.
- Select User Rights Assignment branch.
- double click on the Log on as a batch job option.
- Add the user to the list.