Using PuttyKeyGen to generate a PPK file
How to use PuttyKeyGen to generate a PPK file from a PEM file.
- Download you PEM File from AWS
- Copy it to a safe location
- Download either the entire Putty package and install everything, or just get Putty.exe and PuttyGen.exe
It can be downloaded from here
- Open PuttyGen
- Click file, then load private key
- Select all files from the drop down list
- Select pem file, click open
- Make sure ssh-2 RSA is selected.
- Click save private key
- Enter a name for the ppk file and save