Create a new AWS Instance
1. Click Services in the top left corner
2. Click EC2
3. Click the Launch Instance button in about the middle of the page
4. Click Select next to “Amazon Linux – Free Tier eligible”
5. Make sure the blue box next to the t2.micro free eligible is selected
6. Click Next: Configure instance details
7. If this is your first instance, you’ll probably want to leave everything on the step 3 page at the defaults.
8. Click Next: Add storage
9. At step 4, also leave everything as is for now and click Next: Add Tags
10. On the step 5 page, enter a name for the server, then click Next: Configure Security Groups.
11. I will cover security groups later, so for now just click Review and Launch
12. Click Launch
13. Select create a new key pair, enter a key name then click download key pair.
remember where you save the file and make a second copy/backup somewhere safe.
14. Click Launch instances.
15. Click the View instnaces button at the bottom of the page to watch you instance build.