If you’ve tried to pin http://www.outlook.com to the start menu of you Windows 8 Surface or desktop you will have probably only been able to pin the redirect, http://<random>.live.com/blah/blah/blah
Here’s how to pin www.outlook.com
- Turn of the Internet connection.
Turn on flight mode is probably the easiest way to do that.
- Open Internet Explorer in full screen mode (a.k.a. Metro mode)
- You’ll get a “can’t get to web site” message
- But the URL in the address bar will still be outlook.com
- And the pin button will be active !
- Pin it.
- Rename the icon
- Turn flight mode off again.