By default the Library folder in your home folder is hidden, who knows why.
To unhide it, use the following commands.
1. Go to Finder.
2. Click on Go.
3. Click on Utilities.
4. Open Terminal.
chflags nohidden ~/Library
6. Press Return.
7. Go to the Library folder.
Setting the hostname on your Mac using scuttle
- Open a terminal.
- Type the following command to change the primary hostname of your Mac:
sudo scutil –set HostName <new host name>
- Type the following command to change the Bonjour hostname of your Mac:
sudo scutil –set LocalHostName <new host name>
- Optional: If you also want to change the computer name, type the following command:
sudo scutil –set ComputerName <new name>
sudo scutil --get HostName
sudo scutil --get LocalHostName
sudo scutil --get ComputerName
How to automount an SMB share in Mac OS X
- Connect to your network share, in Finder, Select Go, then Connect to server
- Enter the credentials for your login to your network drive and tick the ‘remember in keychain’
- Open system settings, select users and groups then click on login items
- Drag the icon for your network drive from your desktop to the startup items.
Something along these lines,
On your Windows PC
- Select File then Export to Catalog
- Select a name and location for the new export catalog
- Wait a long time for it to copy the catalog file and all your photos to the new location.
On your Mac
- Create a new Catalog in your desired location
- From the File menu choose Import from Another catalog
- Chose to either
- Import files and leave them where they are
- Copy files to another location and then import
- Option a is quicker, but doesn’t move the files
Option B is slower, but will move the files to another location if thats what you want.
Press Shift-Command-3 to take a picture of the whole screen. To capture just part of the screen, press Shift-Command-4.
To take a picture of a window, press Shift-Command-4-Space bar, move the pointer over the window, then click. To cancel, press Escape before you click.
After you take a screenshot, it appears as a PNG file on your desktop.